This person is responsible for making a credit decision after ensuring that all required documentation is obtained as well as preparing all loan paperwork in compliance with credit union policies.
- Will verify calculations used to make a credit decision, including Debt/Income Ratio, Loan to Value Ratio and Cumulative Loan to Value Ratio.
- Will assist Financial Service Representatives in structuring a loan to best serve the member while considering the security interests of the credit union.
- Will make a credit decision, up to his/her lending authority, after a Financial Service Representative has input a loan onto the system. Will confer with supervisor if loan is beyond his/her limit.
- Will order vendor documents such as flood certifications, lien searches, and appraisals.
- Will condition for any missing documents needed for loan approval and will ensure that they are gathered prior to loan closing.
- When questions arise, will work with third-party providers to answer questions concerning title, flood and credit reports.
- Will work with Financial Service Representatives to coordinate timely loan closings.
- Will prepare all loan documents for closing.
- Will take loans out of rescission and disperse loan proceeds checks.
- Will complete and mail Adverse Actions when a loan is denied or a credit limit is reduced.
- Will oversee HMDA data collection, report the credit union’s data annually, and assist in periodic training for staff on the subject.
- Will input all closed-end home equity loans with third-party provider.
- Attend meetings, conferences, training courses, and seminars as necessary.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Must possess extreme attention to detail and be proficient in written and verbal communication skills.
- Must interact professionally with management and staff.
- This position requires a thorough understanding of Credit Union products and services as well as policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate and present information.
- High School Diploma required. Experience in lending and/or underwriting required.
- Requires intermediate mathematical skills (calculations and concepts of involving percentages, fractions, decimals, etc.).
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
Works in a typical administrative setting with climate control and appropriate lighting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The location of this position could be at any of our locations.
Interested applicants should submit their resume by e-mail to email@example.com.
1st Ed Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.