Young members are the future of the credit union. When they learn to save early, those habits stick with them for a lifetime. There’s no better time than during the holidays to teach your children how to spend and save.
- When making a budget for your family include your children to create their own savings budget for the year.
- Have them put at least half of all holiday cash and checks into their savings account.
- It’s snowing! Perfect time for your kids to help you and your neighbors shovel their walkways and driveways for some extra cash.
- Need help putting up or taking down the holiday decorations? Have your kids help you for a few dollars an hour.
- A new year means a new start. If you don’t have a chore chart for your kids to earn an allowance start one to help them learn responsibility.
These are only a few ideas on how to help your kids save during the winter months. The key is to have fun and enjoy the holidays with your family.
Share Savings Rates
Minimum Deposit: $5.00
Share rates are set on a monthly basis.
APY indicates Annual Percentage Yield. Contact the credit union for information on applicable fees and terms. Fees could reduce earnings on the account.
|Info and/or Terms||Interest Rate||APY|