1st Ed has made moving your accounts fast and convenient with our Switch Kit. All the letters and forms you will need to make this transition as easy as possible are provided here…so all you have to do is print and mail the letters to the appropriate companies and/or individuals.
Three Simple Steps to Switch
- Open a membership account. You can apply online or come into the branch to open your account today.
- Download and mail all the necessary forms below and print the checklist to mark your progress.
- Close your account at your old financial institution. Verify that all checks, card transactions, and scheduled bill payments have cleared your old checking account.
Switch Kit ~ Checklist
- Direct Deposit Change Request
Send this notice to companies with which you have direct deposit (employer, government deposits, pension, transfers from other financial institutions, investment dividends, child support or court-issued deposits, etc.) notifying them that you want to switch your direct deposits to your new account at 1st Ed Credit Union.
- Authorization Agreement for Direct Deposit
Send this notice to set up direct deposits with any new companies or individuals.
To change Social Security deposits, visit: www.ssa.gov/deposit/howtosign.htm
Or call the Social Security Administration at: 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778)
1st Ed Credit Union Routing/Transit number: 231379966
- Authorization for Changing Automatic Payments
Send this notice to companies who automatically take payments from your checking account (utilities, mortgage, insurance, brokerage, credit cards, internet service providers, transfers to other banks, child support or court issued payments, etc.) notifying them that you are closing the account.
- Authorization for Cancelling Automatic Payments
Send this form to companies notifying them that you want to transfer existing automatic payments from your previous financial institution to 1st Ed Credit Union.
- Authorization for Automatic Payments
Send a notification to companies in order to set up new automatic payments.
- Verify that your direct deposits and automatic payments have begun posting to your new 1st Ed Credit Union account.
- Account Closing Request
Send this notice to your old financial institution informing them you are closing your account.